There are times when I'm blogging that I think I am the only person in the world who reads what I write - I know that's not true because of the lovely comments I receive, but blogging does seem a little solitary at times. So, it was so nice to receive a nomination for the Sisterhood of the World bloggers award from Debbie who blogs at Debbie in Shape. She is a shining example of someone making an effort to encourage other bloggers by promoting health and fitness as well as helpful blogging tips and hints.
I'd like to think of this award as an opportunity to get together with some other bloggers and enjoy sharing the love. There were ten questions that Debbie came up with and I'll do my best to answer them in a short and sweet manner. I'd then like to nominate my 1Word Blog Challenge fellow bloggers to encourage them to come together and enjoy this award too by answering the questions I've come up with at the end of this post. I'm looking forward to seeing the answers from those who want to join in. Here are my answers:
~1. Are you a morning person?
No - I am a lover of my warm comfy bed and it is very difficult to part company in the mornings.
2. Which do you prefer: the mountains or the sea?
I think the sea - there's no uphill bits - but I hate sand in my bathers so swimming is for pools only.
3. What is your most read blog post?
My midlife madness moment when I quit my job (no regrets yet!!) Here's the link.
4. Who is your blogger role-model? One that you aspire to be like?
I'm not sure I have one - I'm just loving all the ladies I'm meeting and reading - it's a fabulous group!
5. Which city or country would you like to visit?
I've ticked off a few already but I haven't been to Greece or Italy - Venice would be very interesting.
6. What is your favorite motivational quote?
"Not my circus. Not my monkeys." I have it on a bangle to remind myself that not everything is my problem.
7. When you are not blogging you are…
Reading, walking, riding my bike, talking to my husband, coffeeing with friends, thinking about getting another job.
8. What is your favorite social media platform?
I don't even know what a social media platform is......I love blogging, I love facebook and I love Pinterest - but none of them really connect to each other because I use them differently.
9. Apple or Android?
I'm not a big fan of Apple - so I am an Android and Windows PC person.
10. What is the most important tip about blogging you have learned?
Be yourself and have fun. Nobody mentioned the added bonus of meeting lots of lovely people!
~Now for those who want to join the fun - these are your instructions should you accept this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What are three things you cannot live without?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
Use this Sisterhood of the world bloggers award to motivate yourself toward excellence in blogging.
this week's word was "together"