Hi! I'm Leanne - I blog about enjoying midlife - and thriving in your 50s. I'm loving every minute of my life, my marriage, my family, my friends, my work, my hobbies, and midlife in general.
It hasn't always been this way and I share the valuable life lessons I've learned since turning 50 that revolve around letting go of the things that complicate life and cause pain. I'm embracing people and choices that bring happiness and it's about being grateful for my blessings which include:
- A strong and steady marriage that has weathered the storms of life.
- Children who are independent adults and thriving in their own lives.
- Friendships that have stood the test of time and have grown stronger.
- Financial stability - although we don't have piles of money to spare!
- Simplifying our lives so we can afford to work less because we spend less.
- Not living a life that is waiting for retirement - life is for living now!
Family-wise, I have a husband named Ross who I have been married to for 33 years, through many ups and downs and in-betweens, and we are still going strong.
We have two 'children' - Jared who is married to Hannah, and Erin who is married to Luke. Jared is a mechatronic engineer and Erin is a high school English teacher. They both moved to the city to go to university, found work, met their spouses and stayed there - making occasional trips back home to check we're still alive.
|Jared and Hannah Erin and Luke|
|Us with little Sophia|
Please stop by and share your thoughts on any of my posts - let's learn together. I don't have a subscriber list but you can join my email list by putting your details in the box in the right hand side column of my blog. I also have a FACEBOOK PAGE and I'm an avid PINTEREST pinner and would love you to follow me there.